Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Long Time no see

Well, it has certainly been a long time. Not sure why I stopped writing these posts, but I did. I am going to try to write more often now, because I think it is important. Sorry about that.

I have most recently gone to Guatemala again with Rachel and continue to gain insight to how blessed I am compared to most of the world. As Americans, we worry about such silly things. Who really cares about how nice our car is, how much money that we have or who has the bigger house?

When we went down there, it was all about the simplicity of life. Here, a bunch of people living in two tin sheds would sit at the end of every night and talk at the picnic table. No TV, no video games, no computers! They just sat there and talked. Their family relationships are strong, no one is yelling at anyone else about what channel to turn the TV to, nothing. A lot of laughter and simple enjoyment of those around you.

I ask, who are the rich ones?

Since we have come home, I have spent 30 minutes or more each day reading the Bible or simply sitting outside watching the sunset. In a life where everyone expects to get hold of me at all times, and I am almost always available, it is nice to turn it off. Frankly, I can live without TV (just not my Cubs and Vikings), video games and even my computer. I know that is probably sacreligious for an IT business owner to say, but what the Heck.

Turning off the world is a healthy thing to do. Look at what God has given us and enjoy it for what it is. Pure beauty, every time.

Words from a guy that hardly Blogs.

Rock on,

Miguel Santiago Fafinski

1 comment:

Stuart R. Crawford said...

Welcome back to the blog world Mike. It is great to have you back

Stuart