Friday, August 29, 2008

Need to have some fun!


I need to have some fun today! I have been feeling anxious lately between all the travels and some personal commitments that I have made. I feel the need to go out and get a bunch of exercise or have some fun. Either one of them will help me clear my head.


What do you do to clear your head and relieve stress? Most people seem to do the wrong thing, because they are not thinking clearly. This may be smoking, chewing (which is what I used to do), drinking, eating too much, etc. I used to chew and go out for drinks. Though I still enjoy a libation, I tend not to drink when I am stressed anymore. I found that exercise has helped me the most, though it is sometimes hard to get the 40 year old body moving. I also like to spend time with family and friends. Tonight, Rachel and I get to spend time with Stephanie and Darren. They are both family and friends and it should be a good time.


On another note, I am buying a new home PC today. Out with the Dell, in with the Lenovo! I increasingly find Dell to be difficult to work with and am enjoying my relationship with Lenovo. They are a very good company and seem to really focus on the Partner Channel. My main frustration with Dell has been the way that they handle us, as partners. No loyalty or working with their partners. Everything is a transaction. I don't get this feeling with Lenovo. I know that I am just a blip on the map, but I still purchase around $200-$300k of computer equipment each year and expect it to be handled better than just a transaction. I would like to start seeing my clients move to either Lenovo or HP. I am also working with IBM to purchase a test server for Syand. This would provide us with some exposure to their equipment and allow us to provide our customers with necessary feedback on all equipment.


Well, that's it for today. Have a good and safe weekend. Attached is a picture of me with one of my best friends, Frankie. He is my Cinnamon Lab, is 3 years old and goes pretty much everywhere with me. I sure do love that dog. I think every guy needs one. Wonderful animals.

No comments: